Nestle Crunch Cookie Dough Bars combine chopped Nestle Crunch candy bars with cookie dough, topped with crunchy peanut butter and chocolate. These no bake cookie bars are then set in the refrigerator for the ultimate no bake fridge cake.
Nestle Crunch Cookie Dough Bars
We love taking candy bars and using them to create rich and delectable desserts. In my kitchen we often use candy bars to make pies, cupcakes, fudge, and snack bars.
This recipe for Nestle Crunch Cookie Dough Bars fits right in with those in my recipe box. We also all love peanut butter, so whilst this no bake cookie bar uses Nestle Crunch bars, it also includes a layer of crunchy peanut butter too.
Refrigerator cake bars like these are so simple to make. I love cookie bar recipes, they are the ideal cook with young children as they can mix all the ingredients together and layer them up in the pan.
This has fast become one of my favorite cookie bar recipes and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
How to make Nestle Crunch Cookie Dough Bars:
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together 1 stick of softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Now mix in the sweetened condensed milk and then fold in flour.
- Fold in 1 cup of the Nestle candy bars or Buncha Crunch candy, both will work in this cookie dough bar recipe.
- Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment or wax paper and add the cookie dough to the pan.
- Press the dough firmly into the pan and place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Once set, take the pan from the fridge and spread the peanut butter on top of cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of milk to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on 40% power until melted, mixing each time you take the bowl from the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining Nestle candy bars or Buncha Crunch candy over the top and refrigerate for 1 hour to set the cookie dough bars.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe ingredients & substitutions:
- BUTTER: You can use salted or unsalted butter in the cookie dough base. Don’t use margarine or other spreads as they won’t set so hard and you may find the dough base breaks apart.
- SUGAR: I use brown sugar as it has a great molasses flavor, but you can also use white granulated sugar.
- VANILLA: I flavor the cookie dough with vanilla extract. You can use vanilla essence, but I find the extract has far more flavor.
- MILK: Sweetened condensed milk is added to the cookie dough. Don’t be tempted to use regular milk as it won’t work in this recipe.
- FLOUR: I use all-purpose flour in the cookie dough base.
- CANDY BARS: Chopped Nestle Crunch candy bars are added to the cookie dough. You can also use Nestle Crunch Buncha Crunch Milk Chocolate candy too.
- PEANUT BUTTER: Use any variety of peanut butter to cover the top of the cookie dough. I’ve opted for crunchy peanut butter as I like the added crunch, but you can use smooth if you prefer.
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING: The chocolate topping is made by melting dark chocolate chips with a tablespoon of milk.
This is a really simple cookie dough bar, but you can add in other ingredients to the cookie dough base. Here are some ideas:
- I’ve added Nestle crunch bars to my cookie dough, but you can add any other crushed chocolate bar that you and your family enjoy eating.
- I have topped the cookie bars with melted dark chocolate chips, but you could also use milk chocolate or a combination.
- Add some dried fruits like cranberries, raisins or sultanas to the cookie dough.
- Stir through some crush nuts like pistachios, almonds, pecans or hazelnuts.
Recipe hints & tips:
- Always line the pan with parchment paper as it makes removing the cookie bars from the tin a whole lot easier once the cookie bars have set.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and hour before you plan to cook so that it has time to soften. This will make it much easier to cream with the sugar.
- Use a nice sharp knife to cut the cookie dough bars into pieces.
- When storing the cookie bars, place a sheet of parchment paper between each layer to stop them sticking together.
How to store cookie dough bars?
Once set, cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze cookie dough bars?
These is the ideal no bake cookie dough bar for freezing. Place the bars into an airtight container with a tight fitting lid and place a sheet of parchment paper between each layer of cookie bars to stop them from sticking together.
Place the container into the freezer and store for up to 3 months, ready for a quick sweet treat any time you fancy. You can also store these cookie bars in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after defrosting.
Is there raw cookie dough in this no bake fridge cake?
There are no raw eggs used in this cookie dough base so it is entirely safe to eat straight from the container.
Don’t miss these other fun Candy Bar Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Reese’s Pieces Pie
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Instant Pot Reese’s Fudge
- Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped Nestle Crunch Candy Bars or Nestle Crunch Buncha Crunch Milk Chocolate Candy divided
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 stand or hand mixer
- 8x8 square baking pan
- Parchment or wax paper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 11g
These are a few items I find helpful when creating these Nestle Crunch Cookie Dough Bars in my own kitchen:
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Ice BlueBorden Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk 4 pack of 14 oz. CansCrunch Chocolate Bar, Fun Size, 1 Bag, 11 ozWilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Set of 2Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square FeetPyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)The Candy Bar CookbookCopycat Candy Bars: Homemade Goodness!The Book of Chocolate: The Amazing Story of the World’s Favorite Candy