Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my family’s favorite Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
This recipe uses basic pantry ingredients and doesn’t require extra time for chilling the dough before baking!
I’ve been making these for many years, and they’re always a hit at Cookie Swap parties!
I love how they turn out crispy on the outside, but soft & chewy on the inside.
Just a hint of buttery goodness, and perfectly sweet!
TIPS TO CREATE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE:
- Soften butter. Let the butter come to room temperature before mixing, so it’s evenly distributed.
- Measure the flour precisely. Use a DRY INGREDIENTS measuring cup. Scoop the flour in and shake it to help it settle. Then level it off with a knife. Easy peasy!
- Mixing: Do not over mix! Stir until just combined. Over mixing can result in really flat cookies.
- Use quality of chocolate chips. You can use your favorite brand, but brand names tend to perform better than generic brands in this recipe.
- Use parchment paper and DO NOT over-bake: Parchment paper helps prevent the cookies from sticking to the pacn and will help delay burning on the bottom, but they WILL burn if you leave them in the oven too long. You want them done, not doughy and not too brown, so check at the 8 minute mark.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGHYes! This recipe is freezer-friendly. I like to make a double batch of this recipe when I prepare it. I bake one batch right away and then after I get to the stage where I roll the dough into balls, I place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze the dough balls individually. Once frozen, I transfer them all into a ziploc bag to freeze.
Can you bake the frozen cookie dough? Yes!
Thaw to Bake: Remove desired quantity from freezer and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I prefer to cover with a light cloth kitchen towel while they thaw. It takes them about an hour or two to come to room temperature in my home, this may vary according to where you live (elevation, humidity, season of year, etc). Then bake according to the regular Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Frozen Bake: Remove desired quantity from freezer and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in preheated oven and bake. They take about 15 minutes in my oven to reach the desired level of doneness. This may vary according to your oven type and where you live.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/3 cup Butter, I used Salted
- 1/3 cup Shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour (If using All Purpose, add 1/2 tsp Salt & 1/2 tsp Baking Soda)
- 1 package your preferred brand of Chocolate Chips
Pre-heat oven to 375
Mix both sugars, butter, shortening, egg, and Vanilla Extract.
Slowly add flour until mixed well.
Drop by rounded teaspoonful (or use melon scoop) onto cookie sheet (Parchment Paper really helps here.)
Bake for 8-10 mins until light brown.
Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing so they don’t fall apart!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g