Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole is a simple vegetable side dish that can be enjoy alongside any main dish. This easy corn casserole combines frozen corn with cream cheese, jalapenos and bell peppers before being baked in the oven with a shredded cheese topping.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole
This Creamy Jalapeno Corn Casserole is so delicious. It requires just 6 simple ingredients that are likely to be staples in your own pantry at home.
Easy to make, the whole dish takes only 5 minutes to prepare, before baking in a hot oven. With this easy corn recipe, everything is combined in one bowl before being transferred to an oven proof dish.
Our family loves to eat corn as a side dish on a regular basis. We often eat it right on the cob, prepared in my Instant Pot (Instant Pot Corn on the Cob), or as Loaded Cream Cheese Corn. When I introduced the Jalapeno Corn Casserole, it was an instant hit.
This versatile side is perfect for potlucks, summer bbq’s, or Taco Tuesday. No Thanksgiving or holiday table would be complete without this great tasting side dish.
How to make my Jalapeno Corn Casserole recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until softened.
- Add frozen corn and diced peppers to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Place corn mixture in a greased casserole dish and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Place the dish back into the hot oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe ingredients & substitutions:
- CHEESE: I use cream cheese to give the corn that lovely creamy texture, then top the casserole with shredded fiesta blend cheese for that all important melted cheese topping. Shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese would work as a topping too.
- BUTTER: You can use either salted or unsalted butter along with the cream cheese.
- CORN: I used frozen corn, but canned corn or fresh corn cut from the cob would work in this recipe .
- JALAPENOS: I have used 2 fresh jalapenos with the seeds removed, but you could also use a milder red chili in this dish.
- BELL PEPPERS: I used 1 orange and 1 red bell pepper along with the sweetcorn, but you can use any color of pepper.
This recipe is really versatile and you can play with the flavors and ingredients:
- Corn: I’ve used frozen corn, but you can use canned or fresh corn cut from the cob in this recipe.
- Chili: If you like your casserole really hot, leave the seeds in the jalapenos or add an extra jalapeno to the dish.
- Spices: Add some extra spices to the mix, some smoked paprika or Cajun seasoning would work with the other flavors in this dish.
- Vegetables: Add in extra veggies like chopped zucchini, red onion, green onions or tomatoes.
- Meat: Stir through some crispy bacon pieces or sliced chorizo sausage.
Cheesy Mexican Corn Casserole is a great side dish to serve alongside any main meal. Try serving it with Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas or any other Mexican inspired main dish.
Recipe hints & tips:
- If using canned corn just take time to drain it properly before adding to the rest of the ingredients, as you don’t want a watery casserole.
- This recipe is gluten free so suitable for celiacs or anyone following a gluten free diet.
- To make a vegetarian version of this easy corn casserole, just ensure that you use vegetarian cheddar and cream cheese.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if feeding a crowd.
Can you make ahead Jalapeno Corn Casserole?
This is a great make ahead dish. Combine all the ingredients together and place into the oven proof dish for up to 24 hours in advance. Then cover and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake in the oven.
I recommend removing the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking, to allow it to come to room temperature.
How to store leftover Creamy Jalapeno Corn Casserole?
Store leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Then when ready to enjoy place back into a hot oven to warm through, or heat up in the microwave.
Don’t miss these other great corn based recipes here at When is Dinner:
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages frozen corn
- 2 fresh jalapenos seeds removed and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup shredded fiesta blend cheese
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing Jalapeno Corn Casserole:
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)Silicone Spatula, Stainless Steel Core Heat Resistant Non stick Rubber Spatulas, Set of 4Rachael Ray 58314 Cucina Stoneware Casserole Set, 3-Piece Casserole & Lid, Agave BlueCuisinart CCB30-36R Chef’s Classic Ceramic Bakeware-4 Quart Large Rectangular Baker, RedI Love CornEasy Corn Cookbook: A Corn Cookbook Filled with 50 Delicious Corn RecipesSouthern Corn Cookbook: Sides, Main Dishes & More! (Southern Cooking Recipes)