Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Sausages are a delicious option for the first meal of the day. They’re made with breakfast sausage links wrapped in cinnamon roll dough and baked. Your whole family will love them!
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Sausages
Tell your other favorite breakfast foods to move aside and make room for these super easy and tasty cinnamon roll breakfast sausages. One of the best things about these little cinnamon rolls is the combination of sweet and savory. AND it only takes a few minutes to pull together a hot and delicious meal for everyone in the family. Make them on weekdays for the ease and on weekends for the indulgent breakfast they are.
While traditional pigs in a blanket are made with hot dogs and are wrapped in crescent dough, this breakfast version is sure to be your new favorite way to eat sausage and meat.
If you’re feeding a crowd (or have three grown boys like I do) and need additional breakfast dishes to serve, try these amazing Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders packed with fluffy eggs, crispy bacon and two kinds of gooey cheese. SO GOOD!
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Sausages
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Separate all the cinnamon rolls and unroll each roll.
Cut the strips in half.
Carefully stretch each piece of dough and wrap each half around one sausage.
Place the wrapped sausages on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cinnamon roll dough is golden brown.
Brush the top of each roll with icing before serving.
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you make the best cinnamon roll sausages.
- Use pre-packaged cinnamon roll dough to save time.
- Bake the sausages and the dough together.
- Use the original icing that comes with the tube of cinnamon rolls or make a simple one using powdered sugar and milk
These cinnamon roll breakfast sausages are easy and fun. Try these variations or make up your own!
- Make a sweet cream cheese frosting to drizzle on top of the rolls.
- Try using croissant dough or puff pastry dough and sprinkle it with cinnamon powder.
- Cook the sausages before baking them in the dough. This will ensure the sausages are cooked all the way through without overcooking the dough.
- Drizzle the tops with maple syrup instead of icing.
- Use maple or turkey sausage instead of regular Italian sausage links.
- Make your own cinnamon roll dough instead of using pre-packaged dough.
How to Serve
Serve a breakfast sausage roll with other breakfast dishes for a hearty meal. They also make a great afternoon snack for your kids.
How to Store
Keep your cinnamon roll pigs in a blanket in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days
To reheat them, pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it’s warm all the way through.
You can also reheat them in an air fryer, making the dough crispy again.
Make these savory and sweet cinnamon rolls up to one day in advance. It’s possibly better to wrap the sausages with the dough and put them in the fridge until the morning. Then, all you need to do is put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a quick breakfast.
What kind of sausages are best for cinnamon breakfast rolls?
The best kind of sausages to use are Italian breakfast sausage links.
How long does it take to bake cinnamon roll breakfast sausages?
These individual cinnamon rolls with sausages only take about 12 minutes to bake. Keep an eye on them and pull them out when they are golden brown.
Can I freeze cinnamon roll sausages?
These savory cinnamon rolls are best served fresh. They don’t do as well when frozen and thawed after they’ve been baked.
You can, however, freeze them before baking. To do this, wrap the sausages in the dough, place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and put the tray in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
This will prevent the dough from being sticky and the wrapped sausages from sticking together. Once they’ve been slightly frozen, remove them from the sheet pan, put them in a large freezer bag or an airtight container, and put them back in the freezer.
- 1 12-ounce package breakfast sausage links (14 to 16 sausages)
- 1 can cinnamon roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate all the cinnamon rolls and unroll each roll.
- Cut the strips in half.
- Carefully stretch each piece of dough and wrap each half around one sausage.
- Place the wrapped sausages on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cinnamon roll dough is golden brown.
- Brush the top of each roll with icing before serving.