Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is a delicious meal for busy weeknights. It’s filled with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and lasagna noodles. Serve it for dinner with a side of garlic bread or green salad. This delicious recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
This easy instant pot lasagna soup recipe is a great alternative to a traditional lasagna dish. It’s much easier to make and only needs to cook in the instant pot for three minutes. When you’re in a time crunch and want a tasty home-cooked meal, this is the dish for you.
Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ground beef, green peppers, onion, and garlic.
Cook until the beef is browned.
Pour the beef broth into the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.
Stir to mix all the ingredients together.
Place the broken lasagna noodles in the pot and press the pasta down into the liquid until they’re fully submerged.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
When the cook time is up, do a quick release to remove the pressure from the pot.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Here are some tips and tricks that can help you make the best hearty soup.
- Saute the ground beef, green peppers, and onions before adding the tomatoes and broth for a richer-flavored soup.
- Use a mix of rosemary, oregano, parsley, and thyme if you don’t have a bottle of Italian seasoning.
- Make a double batch and save the extra soup for another week.
- Use mini lasagna noodles rather and break them into smaller pieces.
- Add sliced fresh basil to the easy lasagna soup recipe right before serving.
This instant pot version with classic lasagna flavors is easy to make changes to based on your tastes and preferences. Here are some options to get you started.
- Use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
- Add diced carrots, parsnips, or squash to the soup.
- Use ground sausage, ground turkey, or ground chicken instead of lean ground beef.
- Try using another type of pasta like penne, spaghetti, or rigatoni.
- Turn it into a slow cooker lasagna soup and cook it for up to four hours on low.
- If you want your soup to be spicy, add some red pepper flakes or use spicy Italian sausage.
How To Serve
This quick and easy instant pot lasagna soup recipe pairs wonderfully with a side of bread, steamed vegetables, or mashed potatoes.
How To Store
Refrigerate: Store leftover lasagna soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Reheat: When you’re ready to eat this easy instant pot lasagna soup, heat it up in a pot on the stove until it just simmers. You don’t need to bring it to a boil.
You can also heat it up in individual bowls in the microwave in 30-second increments until it’s heated through.
Can I freeze Instant Pot Lasagna Soup?
Yes, you can freeze this soup! You can make this soup ahead of time and freeze it in plastic containers for up to three months. When you’re ready to serve it, add the lasagna noodles and simmer until they’re just cooked through.
Will the lasagna pasta get too mushy when cooked in the instant pot?
No, the pasta will be cooked to the perfect texture because it’s only cooked for three minutes in the pressure cooker.
Can I make this soup on the stovetop?
Yes, you can make this delicious soup on the stove instead of in an instant pot. Follow the instructions by sauteeing the ground beef and vegetables. Then add the broth and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the lasagna noodles at the end and let them cook until they reach the perfect texture.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 5 lasagna noodle sheets, broken into small pieces
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ground beef, green peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Cook until the beef is browned.
- Pour the beef broth into the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the broken lasagna noodles in the pot and press the pasta down into the liquid until they're fully submerged.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, do a quick release to remove the pressure from the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1089mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g