Brown Sugar Pork Chops is a 30-minute meal made with soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, butter, salt, and pepper. This rich and spicy rub is spread over the pork which is then baked until tender and caramelized. Serve with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a delicious pairing.
Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Pork chops have a tendency to be dry or bland and it’s easy to shy away from making meals with them. This recipe is perfect for making outstanding chops. Pork chops need to be seasoned correctly and cooked to suit their lack of fat.
Unless you have a very thick chop, oven-roasting is usually the best way to cook them. You also want to be sure to use a temperature gauge to pull them out when they reach 145 degrees.
Seasoning is important too. Since pork chops don’t have a strong flavor on their own, they easily absorb other flavors. If you have the time to allow them to marinate, you’ll notice a drastic difference in flavor. If not, be sure to use a strong combination of ingredients as a rub or as a cooking liquid.
How to make brown sugar pork chops
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika.
Spread the brown sugar mixture over both sides of each pork chop and place the chops in a large baking dish.
Stir together the butter, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
Spread the mixture over the top of each pork chop.
Bake the pork chops in the oven for 25 minutes.
Turn on the broiler and cook three to five more minutes, until the sauce on top begins to caramelize.
Tips for Success/Variations:
- These oven-baked pork chops can also be grilled or smoked for a different flavor.
- Bacon-wrapped pork chops are hard to pass up. The advantage of baking the chops is that the bacon will also crisp up and cook at the same time.
- Apples and pork are a classic pairing for a reason. You can slice an apple, saute the slices with butter, and serve them over these chops.
- Some other marinade ingredients can include apple juice, orange juice, mustard, maple, pineapple, or honey.
I also recommend this delicious air fryer bone-in pork chops recipe from Nutritious Deliciousness. After brining, they can be ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
How to Serve:
How to Store:
You can keep the pork chops in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, remove the lid and place the container in the microwave in 30-second increments until the pork reaches 145 degrees.
You can also use an air fryer set at 350 degrees for five minutes.
Can I make brown sugar pork chops in an instant pot?
Yes, you can make these chops in a pressure cooker. Rub the pork chops with brown sugar and the soy sauce mixture, place them in the pot of a pressure cooker, seal the lid, and cook for 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then carefully release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid. Serve immediately.
How can I cook pork chops in a crockpot?
It’s easy to make these chops in a slow cooker. Rub the pork with the mixture, put them in a crockpot, pour apple juice or chicken stock over them, and cook on low for eight hours.
Can I make a glaze to go with these pork chops?
Yes, use the soy sauce mixture you made in step two to pour over the pork in the last five minutes of cooking to create a thicker glaze.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture over both sides of each pork chop and place the chops in a large baking dish.
- Stir together the butter, soy sauce, and minced garlic and spread the mixture over the top of each pork chop.
- Bake the pork chops in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and cook three to five more minutes, until the sauce on top begins to caramelize.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 41g