My Easy Peach Crisp is a simple dessert, made in the Instant Pot and using the freshest of sweet summer peaches.
Peaches are in season locally here in Texas. Several local festivals and farmer’s markets are offering up freshly picked produce, with a few offering “pick your own”. Nothing beats the taste of freshly picked peaches!
I wanted to adjust some of my oven baked recipes to work as Instant Pot Recipes. This Easy Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches was ideal to try, packed full of fruit flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes!
My crew love most fruits, including peaches, so this is a recipe we all love. I hope you’ll enjoy this Instant Pot Peach Crisp Recipe as much as my family does and don’t forget to top it off with a scoop of Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!
What is the difference between a Peach Crisp and a Peach Cobbler?
Both these desserts have a base of soft baked peaches, flavored with just a hint of cinnamon. A Peach Crisp is similar to a Peach Crumble and has a crunchy, crumb like topping, made with flour and rolled oats. Whereas, a Peach Cobbler is topped with either a biscuit or pastry like topping.
How to make Easy Peach Crisp:
This recipe could not be any simpler to make and uses a few ingredients we all have in our pantry. With the Instant Pot, my Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches is ready in no time at all. Here’s how I make it:
Place the peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
Spread the oat mixture over the top of the peaches. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, do a quick release and remove the lid.
Keep the Instant Pot switched on and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- I like to use fresh peaches when they are at their sweetest in the summer. However, you can also use frozen or canned peaches too, making this a recipe you can enjoy all year round.
- Cinnamon adds a lovely hint of warm spice to this peach crisp. If you don’t like cinnamon you can leave it out. Ginger would also work with the sweet peaches.
- I have used brown sugar in this recipe as it adds a lovely depth of flavor and a hint of molasses. You can substitute with white sugar if you prefer.
- Rolled oats crisp up really well in this dish when combined with the sugar. You can use instant oats if that is all you have to hand but they won’t crisp up quite the same.
Tips for making Easy Peach Crisp:
- This Instant Pot recipe is easy to adapt if you want to bake it in the oven. Simply place the peaches on the bottom of an ovenproof dish and top with the oat crumb mixture. Place the dish in the oven at 350F and bake for 30 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
- I have used fresh peaches in my Easy Fresh Peach Crisp, however you could use a variety of other fresh, frozen or canned fruits in this simple dessert. Apples, plums, apricots, cherries and berries would all work in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, simply allow to cool then cover the dish. Pop in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can transform this into a great gluten free dessert by making a few simple changes to the topping. Use gluten free rolled oats and substitute the flour with some rice flour instead.
There is a lot of flavor in this Peach Crisp so I like to keep things simple and serve this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or some lightly whipped heavy cream.
Try out some of these other great tasting desserts:
- 6 peaches cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing this Instant Pot Peach Crisp in my own kitchen:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerOXO Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Bowl Set, White Bowls with Blue/Green/Brown HandlesSweese 1106 Porcelain Bowls – 10 Ounce for Ice Cream Dessert, Small Side Dishes – Set of 6, WhiteInstantly Sweet: 75 Desserts and Sweet Treats from Your Instant Pot or Other Electric Pressure Cooker7-Piece Accessories Set for Instant Pot Fits 5,6,8 Qt Instant Pot Pressure Cooker with Steamer Basket/Egg Steamer Rack/Non-stick Springform Pan/Egg Bites Molds/Free Instant Pot Recipes E-BookInstant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 500 Everyday Recipes for Beginners and Advanced Users. Try Easy and Healthy Instant Pot Recipes.Potstars Dessert Edition: Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Instant Pot ®