Cookie Dough Cheesecake is an easy no-bake recipe made with ready-to-eat cookie dough, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, whipped cream, graham cracker crust, and chocolate chips. This recipe is perfect for a simple homemade dessert after dinner or to bring to the next potluck party.
Cookie Dough Cheesecake
This cookie dough cheesecake recipe is way better than buying it from the Cheesecake Factory.
For starters, it’s made from scratch right at home and it’s much less expensive this way too! You can make a whole cake for less than it would cost to buy a slice from the restaurant.
This 3-step recipe will be your next go-to dessert.
Along with serving this delicious cheesecake, you can serve some edible cookie dough! You don’t need much for this easy recipe, in fact most folks have all the simple ingredients in their pantry.
How to make cookie dough cheesecake
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
Set aside 8 of the cookies, then add the remaining cookie dough to the cheesecake mixture.
Beat until smooth.
Fold in half the frozen whipped topping and stir until well combined.
Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly in the graham cracker crust.
Chill for at least four hours.
While the cheesecake is chilling, bake the remaining 8 cookies according to the package instructions and allow them to cool completely.
When ready to serve, press each of the baked cookies into the cheesecake, then pipe the remaining whipped topping around the edge.
Top with mini chocolate chips.
Tips for Success:
- Substitute the graham cracker crust with a brownie bottom or cookie dough crust.
- Add mini chocolate chips right into the crust or mix in with the pie rather than just sprinkling them on top of the finished pie.
- Make this cake into bars or squares by spreading the batter in a straight-sided 9×13 inch baking dish.
How to Serve:
Try these other amazing desserts at your next potluck dinner party:
- Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Lemon Pudding Pie
- No Bake Vanilla Pudding Pie
- Cherry Cheesecake Crescent Roll
Cookie Dough fans will love these amazing cookie dough cupcakes! They’re loaded with heaps of cookie dough frosting atop a chocolate chip stuffed vanilla cupcake.
How to Store:
You can keep this no-bake cheesecake tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to five days.
It’s also the perfect cake to freeze to eat later. Wrap it up in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and keep it in the freezer for up to three months.
You may want to cut the cake into individual pieces and tightly wrap each one. This allows you to pull out just one slice at a time without having to thaw the entire cake.
To thaw, put the slices or whole cake into the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. You can keep the cake in the fridge for up to three days after defrosting.
What other flavors can I add to this cookie dough cheesecake?
Try stuffing in some other flavors to this tasty cake, like Nutella, Butterfinger, strawberry, Oreo, or peanut butter.
Can I make this an ice cream cake?
You can easily make this cheesecake into an ice cream cake by replacing the cream cheese with softened vanilla ice cream. You’ll then need to keep it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat a slice.
Is there raw cookie dough in this dessert?
No, this recipe uses Pillsbury ready-to-eat cookie dough that is perfectly safe to eat right out of the container.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 16-ounce package ready to eat cookie dough (I used Pillsbury ready to bake cookie dough), divided
- 1 8-ounce package frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Set aside 8 of the cookies, then add the remaining cookie dough to the cheesecake mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in half the frozen whipped topping and stir until well combined.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly in the graham cracker crust.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- While the cheesecake is chilling, bake the remaining 8 cookies according to the package instructions and allow them to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, press each of the baked cookies into the cheesecake, then pipe the remaining whipped topping around the edge.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 2gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g