These Apple Cookie Pops are a clever twist on bringing the teacher an apple. Make with your child to take on “Meet the Teacher” Day!
Apple Cookie Pops
I can’t believe it’s almost Back to School time! It can be exciting shopping for new school clothes and back to school supplies, but it can also be fun to make special treats for the special day! These Apple Cookie Pops are so easy to make, perfect for kids to help with and take to share with their new class, or for a teacher, PTO, or room mom to make for kids to enjoy when they come to Meet the Teacher Day! They’d also be really cute and fun at a Fall Festival party! When enjoying these in our home, we tend to use Oreo’s, and with so many flavors to choose from now, you can easily customize them. When making for school, using Gluten Free Sandwich cookies can be helpful, as it’s challenging to anticipate dietary restrictions of the new students or classmates.
Apple Cookie Pops Ingredients
Sandwich Cookies – can use Oreos or Gluten Free sandwich cookies
Red melting chocolate
To begin, place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface, baking sheet or plate. Roll out a small piece of the green fondant and use a knife to cut into leaf shapes and draw lines to make them look like leaves. Set aside. You could also use a small leaf shaped cookie cutter, to make it easier 🙂
Next, press a treat stick into the cream filling of each sandwich cookie.
Melt red melting chocolate according to package directions. Dip the sandwich cookies into the red melting chocolate. Use a spoon to help evenly coat the cookie. Place on parchment paper to cool completely. Enjoy!
Apple Cookie Pops
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Red melting chocolate
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface, baking sheet or plate.
- Roll out a small piece of the green fondant and use a knife to cut into leaf shapes and draw lines to make them look like leaves. Set aside.
- Press a treat stick into the cream filling of each sandwich cookie.
- Melt red melting chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the sandwich cookies into the red melting chocolate. Use a spoon to help evenly coat the cookie. Place on parchment paper to cool completely.
*If the cookie sandwiches start to pull apart from the treat stick, simply remove the treat stick and use a fork to dip the cookie into the chocolate, evenly coat, and lay flat on parchment paper. Gently press the stick back into the center while the chocolate is still melted.
- After the red melting chocolate has completely cooled, take a small plate and place it into the microwave for 1 minute to get it nice and hot.
- Hold a chocolate chip by the tip and press the flat bottom onto the hot plate for a few seconds to allow it to just start to melt.
- Place a green fondant leaf on top of an apple pop and immediately place the chocolate chip with the melted bottom right on top – pinching the bottom tip of the leaf under the chocolate chip. Hold it for just a couple of seconds and that little bit of melted chocolate will secure the leaf in place and melt the chocolate chip right onto the top of the cookie.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Apple Cookie Pops:
Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies, Gluten Free 10.5 OZOreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Family Size, 19.1 OunceOreo Golden Sandwich Cookies, 14.3 OunceWilton 1911-1363 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, RedNESTLE TOLL HOUSE Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz. BagWilton 710-2307 Decorator Preferred Fondant, 24-Ounce, GreenWilton 1912-1001 4-Inch Lollipop Sticks, 150/ PackReynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper (SmartGrid, Non-Stick, 45 Square Foot Roll)KookieMonsta Stainless Steel Leaves Shaped Cookie Cutter Set for Fondant Candy Pastry Design and Cake Decoration (3, Leaf Shape)
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but When Is Dinner will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!