These Apple Cookie Pops are a clever twist on bringing the teacher an apple. Made with sandwich cookies, and topped with red melting chocolate, they are a simple activity to enjoy with your child that they can take along to “Meet the Teacher” Day!
Easy Apple Cookie Pops
I can’t believe it’s almost Back to School time! It can be exciting shopping for new school clothes and back to school supplies, but it can also be fun to make special treats for the special day.
Place one of these Apple Cookie Pops into you child’s lunchbox as a surprise treat on their first day back. They are sure to bring a big smile to their face.
These Apple Cookie Pops are so easy to make. They are perfect for kids to help with and take to share with their new class. They’re also great for a teacher, or PTO, to make for kids to enjoy at Meet the Teacher Day!
They’d also be really cute and fun at a Fall Festival party!
When enjoying these in our home, we tend to use Oreo’s, and with so many flavors to choose from now, you can easily customize them. When making for school, using Gluten Free Sandwich cookies can be helpful, as it’s challenging to anticipate dietary restrictions of the new students or classmates.
How to make Apple Cookie Pops
- To begin, place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface, baking sheet or plate.
- Roll out a small piece of the green fondant and use a knife to cut into leaf shapes and draw lines to make them look like leaves. Set aside.
- You could also use a small leaf shaped cookie cutter, to make it easier 🙂
- Next, press a treat stick into the cream filling of each sandwich cookie.
- Melt the red melting chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the sandwich cookies into the red melting chocolate.
- Use a spoon to help evenly coat the cookie.
- Place on parchment paper to cool completely and allow the chocolate to set hard.
- Once the chocolate has set, place a small plate in the microwave for 1 minute to become hot.
- Hold a chocolate chip by the tip and press the flat bottom onto the hot plate for a few seconds to allow it to just start to melt.
- Place a green fondant leaf on top of an apple pop and immediately place the chocolate chip with the melted bottom right on top. Pinch the bottom tip of the leaf under the chocolate chip. Hold it for just a couple of seconds and that little bit of melted chocolate will secure the leaf in place.
Apple Cookie Pops Ingredients
- COOKIES: You can use any flavor sandwich cookies. I usually go for Oreo’s or Gluten Free sandwich cookies.
- CHOCOLATE: I use red melting chocolate to coat the cookies, along with chocolate chips to form the stem.
- FONDANT: I use ready prepared green fondant to make the apple leaves for topping the cookie pop.
You will also need
- Treat sticks
- Parchment paper
- I go for red melting chocolate to make red apple cookies, but you could also use green or yellow melting chocolate.
- I like to use a gluten free chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookie, but you can use any variety and flavor of sandwich cookie to make these easy treats.
Recipe hints & tips
- When making for school, using Gluten Free Sandwich cookies can be helpful. It’s challenging to anticipate dietary restrictions of the teachers, new students or classmates.
- If making these with very young children, take care when melting the chocolate so avoid any burns.
- Always lay the cookie pops onto parchment paper once they have been prepared. This makes it much easier to handle as the paper just peels off.
- Once made, store the cookie pops in an airtight container, on the counter top for up to 5 days.
If you enjoy these Apple Cookie Pops, don’t miss these other great treat recipes!
- Sandwich Cookies
- Red melting chocolate
- Chocolate chips
- Green fondant
- Other Materials:
- Treat sticks
- Parchment paper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Apple Cookie Pops:
Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies, Gluten Free 10.5 OZOreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Family Size, 19.1 OunceOreo Golden Sandwich Cookies, 14.3 OunceWilton 1911-1363 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, RedNESTLE TOLL HOUSE Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz. BagWilton 710-2307 Decorator Preferred Fondant, 24-Ounce, GreenWilton 1912-1001 4-Inch Lollipop Sticks, 150/ PackReynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper (SmartGrid, Non-Stick, 45 Square Foot Roll)KookieMonsta Stainless Steel Leaves Shaped Cookie Cutter Set for Fondant Candy Pastry Design and Cake Decoration (3, Leaf Shape)