Halloween Mummy Pizzas are a perfect dish for Halloween Parties or to serve for dinner before your kids go out trick or treating. Surprise your kids with this spooky treat, or get them to help you make them, which is great fun and your kids are sure to love them!
Halloween Mini Mummy Pizzas
My kids used to really enjoy themed food around the holidays. They thought it was fun to make these Easy Mummy Pizzas at Halloween, the ideal dinner before they headed out trick or treating. I cherish those moments, when we would make these fun meals together.
These Halloween Mini Mummy Pizzas are really easy to make which means the children can each make their own mini pizza for themselves, exactly how they like them.
This recipe is for the basic pizza as seen above, but you can personalize it to their preferences. I’ve made some suggestions for varying the recipe later in this post.
How to make Mummy Pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open the can of biscuits, and place them on a large baking sheet. (If they’re sticking, just place some parchment paper underneath).
- Using your hands, press the biscuit out into a flat circle, or use a small rolling pin to make them flat.
- Repeat the process until all of the biscuits are flattened out.
- Next, spoon the desired amount of sauce onto each flattened biscuit, the average amount is 2-3 tablespoons per pizza.
- Next, add 2 sliced olives to the top, to serve as the eyes.
- If you’re adding any additional ingredients, like sliced pepperoni, hide them here before you add the cheese bandages.
- Using a very sharp knife, on a cutting board, slice each mozzarella stick into long, thin slices.
- Vary the size and length, so they can serve as the mummy wrap!
- I use about one mozzarella stick per pizza, though you can adjust that as well, to meet your preference.
- Once each mummy is perfectly topped, to the desired preference of it’s recipient, place the baking pan into the oven, and let them bake about 12-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
Mummy Pizzas recipe ingredients
To prepare these Halloween Mini Mummy Pizzas you’ll need:
- BISCUITS: I use 1 can of biscuits (8 count) as the pizza base.
- SAUCE: for ease I like to use a jar of my favorite pizza sauce, but you can make your own if you prefer.
- OLIVES: I use sliced black olives to make the Mummy’s eyes.
- CHEESE: mozzarella sticks are sliced up to make the bandages.
- To personalize them, you can add any additional ingredients that you’d like. I like pepperoni, so I add a couple of slices to my pizza.
- The kids like bacon, onion, and hamburger, so we add a small amount to each of theirs.
- If you like your pizza extra cheesy you can add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, which won’t affect the overall look of the pizzas too much.
- I’ve used a can of biscuits for the pizza base, but you could also use store bought pizza bases.
Recipe hints and tips
- If your oven tends to brown things on the bottom of the pan faster than the top, parchment paper will help prevent that as well.
- When I’m baking to photograph on the pan, I don’t use it, but for everyday cooking, I almost always use parchment paper.
I like to use mozzarella cheese when topping pizzas as mozzarella melts well. If you want to make your pizzas extra cheesy, sprinkle over some Parmesan cheese.
If hosting a Halloween party and you want to get ahead, you can prepare the Mummy Pizzas earlier in the day, then cover the tray with some kitchen foil and place them in the refrigerator. Then when the party is in full swing, you can take the pizzas from the refrigerator and place them into the hot oven to bake before serving.
If you enjoyed this Halloween Themed Recipe, you won’t want to miss:
- 1 can of biscuits 8 count
- 1 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce
- 16 sliced black olives
- 8 mozzarella sticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen, when preparing this Mini Mummy Pizzas recipe!
Rachael Ray 56524 3-Piece Oven Lovin’ Cookie Pan Steel Baking Sheet Set, Gray with Orange GripsPrego Pizza Sauce, Traditional, 14 OunceReynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square FeetPizzacraft PC0214 Dough Docker for Pizza Crust or Pastry DoughSpring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza CookbookPizza: 50 Easy RecipesBetty Crocker Halloween CookbookThe Halloween Cookbook: Over 80 ghoulish recipes for appetizers, meals, drinks, and dessertsHalloween Cookie Cookbook: Delicious Spooky Recipes for HalloweenPresto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating OvenBetty Crocker BC-2958CR Pizza Maker, 1440 Watts, Red