These Easy Ham and Pineapple Pinwheels make a great tasting appetizer or snack. My 4-ingredient Hawaiian tortilla roll up combines cream cheese with ham and pineapple all rolled up in a flour tortilla for a delicious snack that can be made in minutes.
Easy Ham and Pineapple Pinwheels
Ham and pineapple tortilla rolls are the perfect bite sized snack or appetizer. Ham and pineapple is a classic flavor pairing, you get the perfect balance of sweet and savory in every mouthful.
I love making these tortilla rolls ups with ham as they are so quick to pull together. They make the ideal snack for parties or games days, when I have a crowd of hungry mouths to feed. Make them up earlier in the day then I leave them chilling in the refrigerator until I am ready to slice and serve.
This recipe for pinwheels is really versatile too. You can fill the tortillas with just about any combination of flavors, try ham and cheese pinwheels. Or make a pizza pinwheel with sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella and tomato salsa. The options are endless!
If you enjoy Pineapple as much as my family does, you do not want to miss this phenomenal pineapple ice cream recipe from Little Family Adventure. It is an ode to Disney’s Pineapple Dole Whip. I recently had this delightful treat in May when I went on my girls trip to Epcot – it was amazing. Being able to recreate this at home with just 5 ingredients is a real treat!
- TORTILLAS: I use 3 large flour tortillas which will give you 30 pinwheels.
- CHEESE: I spread cream cheese over the tortillas.
- PINEAPPLE: for ease I use canned crushed pineapple as it is already in small pieces which make it easy to spread over the tortilla.
- HAM: use any flavor of thinly sliced ham, plain, maple cured, honey roast or smoked.
How to make Ham & Pineapple Pinwheels
Gather all the ingredients.
Spread the cream cheese evenly over the top of each tortilla.
Top with crushed pineapple and spread evenly over the cream cheese.
Arrange the ham slices around the top of each tortilla.
Roll up the tortilla and wrap each one tightly with plastic wrap
Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
Cut into one-inch slices and serve immediately.
- I’ve used plain flour tortillas, but you can use any flavor tortillas, try seeded, or sun-dried tomato tortilla wraps.
- Use any flavor of cream cheese. I’ve used plain but you could use garlic and herb, chive or sweet chili.
- Swap the canned crushed pineapple for finely diced fresh pineapple.
- You can use any flavor of ham, or swap the ham for thinly sliced meat. Try pastrami, salami, pepperoni or chorizo.
- Add some extra vegetables for added crunch, try bell pepper or sliced green onions.
- Add a touch of chili heat and add some finely diced jalapeno along with the pineapple.
- Sprinkle over some freshly shredded herbs like basil, cilantro or parsley.
- Make the pinwheels extra cheesy and add some shredded cheese along with the cream cheese. Try sharp cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheese.
This quick and easy appetizer is a great make ahead snack for parties, family gatherings or games day. Prepare the ham and pineapple tortilla wrap ups earlier in the day then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to slice and serve.
They also make a great addition to lunch boxes or as a tasty after school snack.
Recipe hints & tips
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. This will make it easier to spread over the tortillas.
- Drain the pineapple thoroughly before adding to the tortilla. You don’t want excess pineapple juice making the tortillas soggy.
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover roast ham from the weekend’s roast dinner.
- Ensure that you chill the tortilla roll for an hour in the refrigerator as this will allow the pinwheels to set, stopping them falling apart once you slice them.
- Double the recipe up if you are feeding a larger group of people.
Yes, you need to put the pinwheels into the refrigerator to set them before slicing. They should also be stored in the refrigerator as they contain ingredients which will spoil if not stored in the fridge.
To make tortilla pinwheels, or rollups, you can combine just about any filling on top of the flour tortilla before rolling it up. So you can get creative as you want. Just don’t overload the tortillas or it will be really difficult to roll them up and hold their shape.
Store leftover pinwheels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Try some of my other easy appetizer recipes here at When at Dinner
- Taco Crescent Roll Pinwheels
- Italian Beef Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Pizza Taquitos
- 7 Layer Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 x 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package thinly sliced ham
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the top of each tortilla.
- Top with crushed pineapple and spread evenly over the cream cheese.
- Arrange the ham slices around the top of each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla and wrap each one tightly with plastic wrap
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Cut into one-inch slices and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate and for guidance only.