Homemade Banana Bread
This week’s Food Bloggers Challenge Ingredient is Bananas. I had requests to make Banana Pudding, Banana Cheesecake, Banana Cookies, etc but I ultimately decided to make Banana Bread. It was a hit, and it disappeared quickly! I will say that you can add 1 cup of nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc) to this bread, but I have an allergy, so I left them out. This recipe uses just 5 ingredients, it’s very easy to make! I have had this recipe for years on an old recipe card, so I have no idea where I got it from.
- 1¾ Cup Self Rising Flour - for all purpose add ½ tsp salt & 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick butter, softened (I used salted)
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed bananas (I used 4 bananas)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- Spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In mixing bowl, combine softened butter and sugar.
- Slowly add flour to your mix, until it's all combined well.
- Add in eggs one at a time, then the bananas
- When it's all mixed thoroughly, pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
I hope you’ll take a moment to visit my fellow Food Bloggers taking the Challenge and see how they decided to use bananas this week!
This recipe is partying at: