Low carb bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken is an incredible meal made with chicken breasts, diced jalapenos, cream cheese, seasonings, and bacon. This dish is prepped and ready to eat in under an hour. It’s a dish your whole family will love!
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken
This stuffed chicken recipe is baked in the oven until the bacon is bubbly and crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for five minutes after pulling it from the oven and then cut into the juicy chicken and serve!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, minced jalapeño, garlic powder and onion powder.
Stir until fully incorporated.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board.
Insert a sharp knife into the thickest side of the chicken.
Cut a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
Place ¼ cup of the cream cheese mixture into each chicken pocket.
Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Cook chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
Change the oven setting to broil and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up.
Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Expert tips and variations
Try out these variations of stuffed chicken to find your favorite!
- Spinach and artichokes
- Buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese
- Zucchini, bell peppers, onions, cheese
- Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoncini, pepperoni, olives, parmesan cheese
- Yellow squash, red onions, feta cheese
- Sliced ham, pickles, swiss cheese
- Tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, balsamic drizzle
- Bell peppers, onions, cheddar cheese, fajita seasoning
- Broccoli, cheddar cheese
- Asparagus, lemon juice, mozzarella cheese
How to serve
This low carb bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken is amazing on its own, but you can pair it with these delicious side dishes for a complete meal.
How to store
To refrigerate: Keep any leftover jalapeno popper chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Reheat the leftovers in the container or on a plate in the microwave in 30-second increments until it’s hot all the way through.
You can also air fry the chicken to make the outside crispy once again.
To freeze: Freeze leftover chicken wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer for up to three months. You can also freeze uncooked stuffed chicken the same way for a quick and easy meal later on.
To meal prep: To prep this meal for later in the week you can go through all the steps of slicing the chicken, stuffing it, and wrapping it in bacon, and then wrap it in plastic wrap or put it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to eat it, remove the pieces from the fridge and bake them.
What’s the best way to stuff chicken breast?
The best way to stuff chicken breasts is to cut a slit in the chicken, fill it with your stuffing, and wrap up the breasts with bacon or prosciutto.
Can you put stuffing in a raw chicken?
You can absolutely stuff raw chicken breasts with filling. That’s what makes this dish so delicious!
How do you slice chicken breast for stuffed chicken?
The best way to slice chicken to stuff it is to cut a horizontal slit on the side of the breast leaving a small section on each end to create a pocket. If you’re not able to create a pocket, you can go ahead and butterfly the chicken breasts instead.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and minced
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices original bacon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, minced jalapeño, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Stir until fully incorporated.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board.
- Insert a sharp knife into the thickest side of the chicken.
- Cut a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- Place ¼ cup of the cream cheese mixture into each chicken pocket.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Change the oven setting to broil and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Try to avoid using thick-cut bacon for this recipe as it won’t cook as quickly and crisp up as nicely as regular bacon will. If that’s all you have available, add an additional 10 minutes to the cooking time.
This dish goes great with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and/or a green salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 704mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 52g