Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight meal made with just five ingredients, including spaghetti, chicken, cheese, marinara sauce, and seasonings. This is the perfect dish for serving your family or taking with you to a potluck or family gathering.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This chicken parmesan recipe is a family favorite and perfect for kids! You can also make changes depending on what you like. You can add vegetables, switch out the chicken, or use another type of sauce. Serve it with roasted vegetables, crusty white bread, or a crunchy green salad.
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Stir together the pasta, half the marinara sauce, and half the mozzarella cheese.
Spread the mixture evenly in a 9×13 baking dish.
Top with the chicken breast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are heated through.
These tips and tricks will help you make the best chicken parmesan casserole you’ve ever eaten.
- Don’t overcook the pasta before putting it in the casserole dish.
- Grill, roast, or poach the chicken and then either dice or shred it.
- No salt is needed since the marinara sauce has enough sodium.
This chicken casserole recipe is quick and easy, and you can easily make variations based on your tastes and preferences. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Add vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms, olives, artichokes, bell peppers, carrots, onions, garlic, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, beans, or butternut squash.
- Use sauteed or grilled pork chops instead of chicken.
- Make homemade marinara sauce instead of using jarred sauce.
- Use alfredo sauce or roasted red pepper sauce instead of marinara.
How to Serve
How to Store
Refrigerate: Keep leftover chicken parmesan casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Reheat: When you’re ready to eat your leftovers, heat them in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments until it’s heated through.
Freeze: This is a great dish to make ahead of time and save for later. You can make an extra batch and cover it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Keep it in the freezer for up to three months. Remember to label and date it, so you remember what you have saved.
Why is my chicken parmesan casserole mushy?
This can happen when the pasta is cooked too long before putting it in the casserole. Make sure to only cook it to al dente or when it still has a slight stiffness in the middle. This way, it will finish cooking in the oven.
What size pan should I use for this chicken parmesan recipe?
The perfect size pan for this dish is 9×13. You can also split this into two 8×8 pans if you’d like to eat one now and save the other in the freezer.
How long do I need to bake chicken parmesan casserole?
Once you toss the spaghetti, sauce, and chicken together and sprinkle cheese over the top, you’ll bake it for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, prepared
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the pasta, half the marinara sauce, and half the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with the chicken breast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1151mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 40g