Chicken Detox Soup is a hearty soup filled with wholesome ingredients and tons of nutrients. This soup is made with flavorful hot broth and filled with fresh vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and chicken. Give your immune system a boost with this perfect soup!
Chicken Detox Soup
This healthy chicken soup recipe is packed with health benefits and is a great addition to your regular diet. This metabolism booster has great flavor and loads of veggies. It’s a healthy dinner that everyone in your family will love.
How To Make Chicken Detox Soup
In a large Dutch oven, cook the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, and bell pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
Add the chicken, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Stir to mix.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred it.
Return the shredded chicken to the pot
Add the broccoli and cauliflower and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
Use your spoon to break up the broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.
Stir in the lemon juice before serving.
Expert Tips for Preparing Chicken Detox Soup
Here are some tips and tricks to make the best detox soup recipe.
- Use any color of bell peppers.
- You can use fresh broccoli and cauliflower if they’re in season.
- Let the soup simmer for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- An acid like lemon juice balances the richness of the chicken stock. You can substitute this with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you prefer.
Variations of Chicken Detox Soup
You can easily make adaptations to detox chicken soup depending on your tastes and preferences. Here are some options to get you started.
- Use vegetable broth or homemade bone broth instead of chicken broth.
- Chop up and add other vegetables like potatoes, green beans, celery, white beans, or dark leafy greens.
- Add a splash of white wine a few minutes before it’s done simmering.
- Pour in some short-grain white rice about 15 minutes before the soup is done simmering.
- Make this family favorite spicy with cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
How To Serve Chicken Detox Soup
This easy detox soup can be eaten on its own or served with side dishes like freshly baked bread or green salads. If serving to someone who isn’t feeling well, you can also serve this Homemade Gatorade! Healthy drinks like this homemade electrolyte drink recipe are easier than people think.
How To Store Chicken Detox Soup
Refrigerate: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Reheat: When you’re ready to eat the leftover soup, heat it up in a dutch oven on the stove and bring it to a gentle simmer. Otherwise, you can heat up in a bowl of soup in the microwave with a cover in 30-second increments until it’s hot all the way through. With either method, stir occasionally.
Freeze: This is a great soup to freeze and save for later. Pour it into a plastic container or freezer bag and keep it in the freezer for up to three months. To thaw, put it in the refrigerator overnight or heat it in the microwave, stirring, until it’s hot throughout.
FAQs for Chicken Detox Soup
Which type of chicken is best for chicken detox soup?
The best type of chicken for this healthy soup is boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can use another type if you have it available. Some other options are boneless chicken thighs, shredded rotisserie chicken, or a small whole chicken.
Can I make chicken detox soup in the instant pot?
Yes, you can make this soup in a pressure cooker if you’d like. Use the saute function to cook the vegetables first, then pour in the chicken broth and add the raw chicken breasts. Place the lid on top and seal the pressure. Set the time for 5 minutes and allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes. Carefully release the steam and remove the lid. Let the soup cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
How long does chicken detox soup take to cook?
This soup takes only 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook. This makes it perfect for weeknight meals.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, and bell pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred it.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Use your spoon to break up the broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.
- Stir in the lemon juice before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1346mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g