Ham & White Bean Soup
Ham and White Bean Soup
is a delightful combination of diced ham, onions, garlic, broth, and dried beans. It’s the perfect dish to make with leftover beans or ham on the bone.
– navy beans
– great northern beans
– carton chicken broth
– Salt and pepper
1. Prepare beans, Heat the butter over medium heat until melted, then add the onion.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove stuck-on bits of onion and garlic.
3. Return the beans to the pan and add the ham, then cover with water.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine all the ingredients.
5. Heat over medium-high heat until the water begins to boil, then reduce heat and simmer the beans for 3 hours to 3 hours 30 minutes, until the beans are tender.
6. Stir the pot occasionally to keep the beans from sticking.
SWIPE UP FOR FULL RECIPE
Homemade Sesame Chicken
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Taco Crescent Roll Pinwheels