Cinnamon Apple Roll
We are fortunate to live very close to several U Pick farms and farm stands here in New England. One of our favorite places to visit each week is an Apple Farm Stand, where we can get a half bushel of Apples for the week at a very inexpensive price. Apples are a favorite fruit and snack for my kids. I am always on the lookout for new and unique ways to use them, and have a Pinterest Board dedicated to Apples!
Follow Karen Puleski’s board Apples on Pinterest.
This Cinnamon Apple Roll recipe is so yummy and delicious, it’s one that my kids ask for often, and I typically add extra fruit, such as the blackberries and strawberries shown above, with it, and sometimes top it off with some whipped cream!
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 16 slices white bread (crust cut off) OR
- 16 4×4 puff pastry squares
- 3/4 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- 3/4 c. Butter (melted)
- * optional garnish: fresh berries and strawberry glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using bread, flatten with rolling pin. In a bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in pie filling.
- In another bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Spread about 1 T. Of cream cheese mixture on bread or pastry square. Roll up jelly roll style.
- Dip roll in butter, then cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- * optional garnish with strawberry and white glaze and fresh berries as pictured.
- ** white glaze is 1/2 c. Powdered sugar mixed with 1 T. Of milk at a time until desired consistency.