This yummy Shrimp Risotto Recipe uses just 5 ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes!
Tonight I decided to make a Shrimp Risotto for dinner. It seemed easy enough, only 5 ingredients, and took less than 30 minutes for all prep and cooking. I gathered my ingredients, and set off on my first attempt at cooking real rice (not minute rice!).
To start, I melted the Tbsp of butter in my saucepan, then added the 1/2 chopped onion and let it saute about 5 minutes, until the onion was clear. I added my rice and let it saute for a minute or two while stirring, mixing in the onion. I reduced the heat to medium low and poured in one cup of the Chicken Broth and let it absorb.
Next, I poured in the second cup of broth, and placed the lid on the saucepan to let it cook for 20 minutes on medium low.
Meanwhile, I began to cook the Shrimp in a small pan on another burner, according to the directions on the package. I timed it pretty well, and they both got done about the same time. I poured the shrimp and all the sauce from the shrimp pan over the rice and stirred well, letting it mix.
It was a hit, everyone loved it and said it’s definitely a keeper in the menu rotation!
- 1 box Shrimp Scampi
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup rice
- 2½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Melt the butter in your saucepan
- Add the ½ cup chopped onion and let it saute about 5 minutes, until the onion is clear.
- Add the rice and let it saute for a minute or two while stirring, mixing in the onion.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, pour in the Chicken Broth one cup at at time and let it absorb.
- Place the lid on the saucepan to let it cook for 20 minutes on medium low.
- Cook the shrimp in a saute pan according to package directions.
- When both are done, add the shrimp and sauce to the rice.
- Stir well and serve.
UPDATE: Since I first made this recipe, I received a rice cooker as a gift. It makes it SO MUCH EASIER to cook and use rice in recipes. I left the recipe as is, because you can still cook it on the stovetop if you don’t have a rice cooker in your home.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this recipe:
Black & Decker RC3406 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, WhiteSwanson Chicken Broth – 32 oz. – 3 ct.Mahatma Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice – Naturally Sodium Free & Fat Free – Net Wt. 16 OZ (454 g) Each – Pack of 3Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless 1-1/2-Quart Saucepan with CoverT-fal A857S3 Specialty Nonstick Omelette Pan 8-Inch 9.5-Inch and 11-Inch Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Fry Pan / Saute Pan Cookware Set, 3-Piece, GrayJapanBargain Wooden Rice Miso Soup Bowl