I don’t generally take pictures the first time I try out a new recipe. Often, I need to make changes to suit my family’s preferences, and sometimes it takes a few times of making a dish to really get it just right. This recipe, inspired by Cook Lisa Cook’s Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Recipe is no exception. I can’t tolerate hot sauce, not even a little, it kills my tummy. So, I knew I wanted to substitute Worcestershire Sauce to see how that worked. I was happy that it turned out beautifully, though still a little spicy for me:) Ranch Dressing on the side, does help, and the boys want plenty of milk. I also eliminated the salt because the Worcestershire has enough sodium in it.
The kids love this recipe, it’s one of their new favorites, and they ask for it all the time. I thought I took pictures of each step the last time I made this, because I had intentions of typing it up and sharing it. My dad called last night to get the recipe, and when I was looking for it, I realized this is the only picture I have of it. No idea where the others went or why they didn’t save. It’ll be a few weeks before I make it again, and re-take pictures, but until then, here is the recipe and a picture of the finished product. I hope you enjoy it!
- Preheat oven to 500. Mix oil, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Add cubed potatoes and stir to coat. Pour into greased 9×13 dish.
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes. (I test mine to make sure they are thoroughly cooked. I loathe under cooked potatoes.)
- Once cooked, remove and lower temp to 400.
- Add shredded chicken on top, then cheese, bacon, onions.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes to melt the cheese, etc.
- Serve with Sour cream and/or ranch dressing.
Loaded Roasted Potatoes and Chicken
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 lbs shredded chicken The rotisserie kind adds great flavor
- 8-10 med potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese your choice the flavor
- 1 cup crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- 1 cup diced green onion I leave this out
Preheat oven to 500. Mix oil, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Add cubed potatoes and stir to coat. Pour into greased 9x13 dish.
Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes.
Once cooked, remove and lower temp to 400.
Add chicken on top, then cheese, bacon, onions.
Return to oven for 15 minutes to melt the cheese, etc.
Serve with Sour cream and/or ranch dressing.
This recipe is linked up at:
- Chicken Recipe Round Up
- What’s Cooking Wednesday