JELLO Pudding 3 Layer Pie
Jello Pudding 3 Layer Pie is one of my kids favorite desserts to have. It’s very easy to make, and only requires 4 ingredients. My kids request this dessert for every holiday dinner. It’s so simple to make, that they now make it themselves 🙂 It requires no cooking, just some mixing, so it’s really the easiest pie recipe I’ve ever come across.
You start with an Oreo Pie Crust. Then take a large box of Chocolate Pudding and mix it with 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Pour about 1/4 – 1/2 of it into the bottom of the pie crust, just enough to form a firm layer, you can see from the top picture, the bottom layer can be very thin.
For the next step, pour half of the container of Cool Whip into the Pudding Bowl, and mix it well. It will be much lighter than the original pudding color. Once it’s mixed, pour it over the bottom layer of the pie, this is your second or middle layer.
Next, pour the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the pie.
Smooth the cool whip all around, this is your top, or third layer of the pie. It’s very quick and easy to make, but it does need to firm up before serving, and should always be stored in the refrigerator. Place the pie in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before you plan to serve, then just slice and plate it.
- 1 package (5 oz) Jell-o Instant Pudding (I used Chocolate, you can use the flavor of your choice, it's interchangeable.
- 1½ cups Cold Milk
- 1 oreo pie crust
- 1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- If you can't find the 5 oz box, you can use 2 of the smaller boxes, just increase the milk to 2 cups.
- Open the package to your Oreo Pie Crust.
- Carefully remove the paper, then wash and dry the plastic lid.
- Open the Pudding package and mix it with 1½ cups cold milk.
- Pour about ¼ - ½ of it into the bottom of the pie crust, just enough to form a firm bottom layer.
- Next pour half of the container of Cool Whip into the Pudding Bowl, and mix it well.
- It will be much lighter than the original pudding color.
- Once it's mixed, pour it over the bottom layer of the pie, this is your second layer.
- Next, pour the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the pie.
- Smooth the cool whip all around, this is your top layer.
- Place the pie in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before you plan to serve
- When it's time to serve, slice and plate it.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Here are a few items I find useful in my own kitchen when preparing this recipe:
Oreo Pie Crust (Pack of 3)Jell-O Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, Chocolate Fudge, 3.9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup SetOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula SetRachael Ray 3-Piece Spatula Utensil Set, OrangeOXO Good Grips Black Nylon Flexible Pie ServerWhite Ceramic Appetizer/ Dessert Plate, Classic Round Shape – Set of 4
If you enjoy this No Bake JELLO 3 Layer Cool Whip Pie, you won’t want to miss my recipe for an Oreo Cool Whip Pie!
Or these Oreo Acorns!