These Homemade Brownies are very easy to make, and would be a great idea if you’re looking for something to bake with your kids!
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Self Rising Flour (if you use All Purpose, add ¼ tsp Baking Soda and ¼ tsp Salt)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder (I use Hershey's)
- I have a nut allergy, so I don't include nuts, but if you prefer you can add ½ cup
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Spray 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter on stove top
- Mix melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl
- Add eggs to mixture, stirring well
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour and cocoa powder)
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients bowl until well blended
- Pour into baking dish
- Bake 20 minutes
I like making this for my kids for a quick after school snack. They are quick and easy, and the small 9 inch pan makes about 9 brownies. With three boys, they can each get 3 and they’re gone in one afternoon! They are small and need the extra calories, and when they devour the pan, there is no temptation for mom and dad 🙂 Of course the kids like to top them with icing if I have some made, or sprinkles, candies, etc.
Do you follow my Desserts Board on Pinterest? It’s full of great ideas. I’m trying to diversify more into categories, such as Cookies, Brownies, Cupcakes, Pie, etc. so things are easier to find if you’re looking for an idea to try.
I’m always looking for new Brownie Recipes to try, if you have one, feel free to leave a link in the comments. I’ll pin it to my board, and the kids will be excited to try it out.