Green Apple Dumpling Recipe
Yesterday I posted my Flank Steak Empanada Recipe that I am considering entering in the P.F. Chang Goodness of Fall Recipe Contest. Today, I am sharing the other recipe I am considering as an entry. I’ve had a recipe for Apple Dumplings that I’ve wanted to try for some time. I thought this would be a great time to try out my Green Apple Dumpling Recipe, and see how well it was received. After seeing my guys devour these, I feel like they need to come with some sort of warning label. Maybe WARNING: Eating an entire pan of this might send you into a sugar coma! You should be okay eating ONE serving of these, but the pan of 8 I made was gone so quickly I barely got pictures. I didn’t even get to taste them, but I’m assuming from the speed at which they disappeared that they must be good 🙂 My crew thinks any Crescent Roll Dessert Recipe is delicious, so I like to experiment when I have different fruits on hand!
- 1 8ct Can Crescent Rolls
- 1 Green Apple, Sliced and Peeled
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour *I used Self Rising
- 6 oz Sprite
- *You may also elect to sprinkle cinnamon on each crescent roll before you roll it up
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice Apple into 8 even slices, and peel
- Melt butter in sauce pan
- Mix Sugar, Cinnamon, and Flour in a bowl, then pour into melted butter and mix well
- Wrap each apple slice with a crescent triangle
- Place in 8×8 or 9×9 pan
- Pour Mixture over the top, try to get some on top of all the crescent rolls
- Pour sprite down the middle NOT the top of the rolls
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
You can make this Apple Dumplings Recipe with ANY variety of baking apple, or even pears, peaches, etc. We have an apple orchard near our home, and I had green apples handy from our most recent visit.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen, when preparing these Green Apple Crescent Pie Dumplings:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but When Is Dinner will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!