Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Chili
If you’re like me, you have plenty of leftover Turkey that you need to use. My family gets tired of eating just plain turkey, or turkey and dressing, so I try to find new recipes to use it in. Y’all know with three middle school boys we are on the go all the time, so I use my crock pot several times a week. I like to shop the sales after Thanksgiving, so a crock pot turkey breast recipe that can be cooking away while I’m out is a great solution. My own pantry is stocked with a variety of canned beans all the time. They’re a great way to get some fiber, nutrition, and flavor into recipes, especially crock pot recipes. They’re also filling, which is a necessity with growing boys! If you’re making this and don’t have leftover turkey to use, don’t feel like you need to cook an entire turkey first! You can use Ground Turkey (cook it first), chicken – rotisserie is great, etc. My supermarket has prepared turkey breast at the rotisserie counter too, so you can grab and go. We’ve already had our first snow of the season here in Northern New England, so it’s having a White Bean Chili meal waiting on me at the end of the day will hit the spot!
I hope you enjoy this Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Chili as much as my own family 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 2-15oz cans white beans
- 1-8oz can corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped leftover turkey
- 1-3oz can Mexican green sauce
- 5 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Place oil, bacon, onion and garlic in a large crock pot or slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on high for approximately 10 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the beans, corn, turkey, green sauce and broth.
- Stir and cover to cook on high about 45 minutes to an hour (on low 2-3 hours).
- Season to taste with spices, and then cover and allow to cook for 15 more minutes before serving.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Chili:
Hamilton Beach 33473 Programmable Slow Cooker, 7-Quart, SilverKOVOT Set of 4 Speckled Ceramic Soup Bowls With Spoons – 22-Ounces Each6-ps Bico Porcelain Soup Bowl SetRioRand Soup Ladle 3 Piece Nylon Dishwasher Safe Kitchen Utensil Cookware Loch Ness Monster, Green, Blue and Pink
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but When Is Dinner will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!