The fall nights are definitely cooler here in New England, and we had our first Crock Pot Potato Soup Dinner last week. The kids all love anything with Bacon in it, so this dish is always a hit in our home! If you’re a long time reader here, you know that I am allergic to onions. If you’re a new reader, Welcome! Onions make my lips swell like lip injections gone wrong, and I used to end up in the emergency room, but my allergist has now given me the meds to treat it at home, because if onions even touch my food, the swelling happens. I say all of that to say, that this can easily be made without the onions. I have two crock pots, and I make one the “normal” way, WITH onions, because that’s how my family likes it. The second I halve the recipe for my smaller crock pot, and make an onion free batch for me. I freeze the leftovers, and can easily reheat them for lunch another day.
Be sure to gather all of your ingredients so everything is handy as you prepare the dish.
- ½ cups Diced Onions
- 4 cups Cubed Russett Potatoes – Skin On or Off, your preference
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 minced garlic
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- 9 slices Bacon
- ½ cups Shredded Cheese
- ¼ cups Green Onions, Chopped
- In a crock pot, combine onion, potatoes, seasoned salt, stock and garlic cloves. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Blend or Puree about ⅓ of the mixture. Return to the crock pot with the rest of the soup and stir in the cream cheese. Stir every 15 minutes until well blended.
- Top each bowl with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese and onions.
- Note: if you like the soup a little thicker you can mash some of the potatoes up and it chunky and so creamy and just like those at the restaurants.
Crock Pot Potato Soup is a delicious, easy Crock Pot #Recipe for weeknight dinners!
— WhenIsDinner (@WhenIsDinner1) October 6, 2015
To Share with Friends & Family on Facebook or Google+, just copy and paste the following message!
Look at this delicious & easy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe from When Is Dinner:
PIN IT NOW: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13159023888895675/
Get full recipe & instructions at: http://whenisdinner.com/crock-pot-potato-soup/
Because I’ve had people ask, my “Main” Crock Pot is this 6 Quart Crock Pot, and my smaller Crock Pot is this 3 Quart Crock Pot. My FAVORITE feature is the removable Stoneware that is dishwasher safe for easy clean up! If your model doesn’t have the removable stoneware, you can easily use Slow Cooker Liners, to make clean up easier. For chopping vegetables, I use Dishwasher Safe Cutting Boards, and I use a good Chef’s Knife to chop with.