Cake Mix Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Y’all may remember back in December when I made a ton of cookies for Nick to share with his co-workers during the holidays. I shared the Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe, and it was a hit. My kids ask for them frequently, because they really love them. I decided for Valentine’s Day I’d make Cake Mix Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and Cake mix Strawberry Crinkle Cookies, and see which ones they liked the best 🙂 Today I’m sharing the Cake Mix Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe with you. It’s VERY similar to the Chocolate version, but I made a few changes so it had the flavor of the Red Velvet Cake I make. I made half of the recipe without White Chocolate Chips because 2 family members don’t care for white chocolate, then added a 1/2 cup to mix with the other half of the batter. If you’re using them for the entire recipe, I’d say use 1 full cup. Of course, you can always use more if you REALLY love white chocolate, or less if you like just a touch for flavor 🙂 The Strawberry version will be coming up soon!
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips, optional
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for nonstick)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and lemon zest
- If adding vanilla baking chips, stir those in
- Refrigerate about 20 minutes
- Use cookie scoop to get evenly measured scoops and roll into balls
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Roll cookie balls in powdered sugar
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, a couple of inches apart
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Let pan cool for 2-3 minutes, then put cookies on a cooling rack to continue cooling. I just slide the parchment off the cookie sheet right onto a cooling rack, but you can do it either way.
- Store tightly covered in a cookie jar or tin.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Cake Mix Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe:
Wilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Cookie Pan SetOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Blue/Green/YellowMrs. Fields Silicone Scoop N Cut Cookie ToolReynolds Cookie Baking Sheets Parchment Paper (Non-Stick, 22 Sheets)Baker’s Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2KitchenAid Nylon Short Turner, BlackVintage Ceramic Mason Cookie Jar | Extra Wide Design with Stay-Fresh Lid
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but When Is Dinner will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!