Bacon, Chicken, and Cheese are the perfect combination to a delicious dinner!
Bacon Wrapped Baked Chicken
I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken, and when I saw a few recipes floating around for Bacon Wrapped Baked Chicken, I knew I had to give it a try. I followed a recipe I saw on Pinterest from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Start by lining a cookie sheet with foil, place your boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the foil, cover with plastic wrap, and then use a mallet to take out your aggression from the day, and beat the chicken until it’s thin 🙂
Place a layer of bacon, about 3 strips on the foil. The original recipe I followed also had 2 strips going the opposing way, but I thought I’d take a short cut and slice my bacon, and just use 3 strips. Sprinkle the chicken with some salt and pepper, then add a dollop of cream cheese onto the chicken, and top it off with some shredded cheese.
Wrap the bacon around your chicken. You can use toothpicks to help secure it, if needed.
At the halfway point, you’ll take the pan out of the oven, flip them over, then cook for another 30 minutes.
This is a closeup of what the finished product looked like, and it was a huge success, everyone loved it. I served it with Broccoli and Corn on the Cob.
Don’t miss these other great recipes that feature Chicken & Bacon!
- 1lb. Bacon
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oven to 400
- Line a cookie sheet with foil
- Place your boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the foil, cover with plastic wrap, and then use a mallet to beat the chicken until it's thin
- Place a layer of bacon, about 3 strips on the foil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with some salt and pepper, then add a dollop of cream cheese onto the chicken, and top it off with some shredded cheese.
- Continue to wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts, securing with toothpicks, if needed
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn over the bacon wrapped chicken breasts, and cook for 30 more minutes.
- May cook longer or turn on broiler briefly if you need to brown up your bacon.
These are a few of the items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this recipe:
Wilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Cookie Pan SetOXO SoftWorks Meat TenderizerBakers & Chefs Round Toothpicks, 4 per 800 CountReynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq FtSaran Premium Plastic Wrap, 100 Sq FtCorelle Livingware Luncheon Plate, 8-1/2-Inch, White, Set of 6